Tuesday, 1 November 2016


The Full story.

Two years ago my husband kicked me out of his house along with my 3 daughters ages 9, 7 and 4 on the grounds that my business failed and I ran into debt.

He told Me to take the kids to the village to school.

After which he moved in with his lover at the time, who is a divorcee with a female child and my husband said she would give him a boy since i gave him 3 children who are just girls. He snapped a picture with both of them on our matrimonial bed and used it as his whatsapp dp and also posted it on facebook barely a few months after he kicked us out.

I was forced to move back to my father's house and struggled to provide for my 3 children as he completely neglected them and even took them of his medical insurance provided by his office(A new generation Bank ,with Head office in Victoria Island,Lagos).

After much struggle, I finally got back on my feet. Got a great job, enrolled my kids in a new school and rented an apartment for my 3 kids and I.

About Easter time this year he decides he wants to be part of my children's life again. I allowed him access to the children as I felt we could be civil to each other for the sake of our children.

At this time I had started putting my documentation together for the divorce process.

Early hours of June 19th on my way back from my dad's birthday party a friend had parked right in front of the gate of my apartment to press the bell for the gateman to open the gate and let me into the compound when suddenly he was rushed at and attacked by a man waving an object.

The first impression was that it was an armed robber trying to rob us.

My friend pushed him away but he came charging back, at this point I looked out the opened door and realized it was John Edobor my enstranged husband.

Before we could react a group of area boys showed up but rather than saving us from the assailant, they joined him.

They proceeded to hold my friend down on the floor giving John the opportunity to focus his attack on me.

He used a metal bar(wheel spanner/ metal rod) to try hitting me on the head through the opened drivers door but I shielded it.

Not satisfied with that, he turned to the passengers door dragged me out to the floor. I landed on the floor with my legs extended where he proceeded to hit me on the leg continuously with the metal.
When he was satisfied he was about going back to join the area boys who had gathered my friend when my neighbour who had heard my screams for help and seen from his window a man striking someone on the floor thinking it was an armed robber, jumbed down his balcony with a machete to save whoever was being attacked.

On getting down he was faced with my enstranged husband whom he had prevented from entering my compound without my permission on 2 occasions so he recognised him.

It was at that point he overpowered John.

The area boys recognised him as a member of the security team for the street and backed off my friend.

By that time I couldn't stand up and my leg was bleeding profusely. I was rushed to the hospital where my jeans was torn off my leg to see the nature of my injury.

The injury was so severe that my broken bone tore through my skin puncturing an artery in the process.

Almost 3months and 2 surgeries later, I have titanium plates and screws to keep my leg in place and I am unable to use my right leg.

I still have my 3 children to care for and my life is at a stand still, I have lost my job with which I have been single handedly catering for my kids, as if that isn't bad enough, he said he cannot pay their school fees or cater to their needs till April next year, should my girls lives grind to a halt as well? Should they sit at home while their mates are in school?

The perpetrator was charged to court and released on bail 3 days later.

Now he moves around freely carrying on with his life. Is it wrong for me to cry for Justice?

 My dear sisters, friends and family thank you all for all your concern prayers and encouragement. Yes my kids and I are doing well and God willing my leg will heal. I am still unable to walk after 4mths but I am in good spirit.

The hospital bill of is still unpaid by the perpetrator and I'm still doing physio to allow me walk again. A good friend and sister of mine set up a fund raiser to assist me to reduce the pressure of bills I'm piling up in caring for 3 kids alone with a temporal disability and the unpaid hospital bill.

The court date comes up in November on the 10th to be precise at the Surulere magistrate court. Until the court passes judgement I am left to handle all on my own. Thank you and God bless you all for your support. #justice for Ivie Ed

For Donations

Share This