Wednesday, 26 August 2020

How I Killed Another Woman After My Escape..Ibadan Serial Killer

Oyo State police command on today  Wednesday re-paraded the notorious suspect who was arrested in connection with several killings in Akinyele Local Government Area of Ibadan, the State capital.

We recall that Shodipe had earlier been paraded by the police on 17th July this year.

He, however, escaped from police custody on Tuesday, 11th August 2020.

After a week of manhunt, the serial killer was rearrested.

Commissioner of Police, Mr. Joe Enwonwu while re-parading Shodipe and other suspects arrested in connection with various criminal activities in the state, added that the suspect, Shodipe confessed to have killed another woman in Akinyele Local Government Area after he escaped from police custody.

“On 11th August, 2020 at about 1930hrs, one Sunday Shodipe, a suspected dreaded serial killer who was arrested in connection with the incessant serial killings of innocent members of the public at Moniya in Akinyele Local Government Area of Ibadan but escaped from police custody at Mokola divisional police headquarters, Ibadan where he was remanded on the order of the Court in Police custody.

“Sequel to this development, the Special Anti- Robbery Squad (SARS) and other tactical squads within Oyo State police command embarked on immediate manhunt for the escaped serial killer using human intelligence strategy, the escapee and serial killer was rearrested on 23rd August, 2020 at about 1030hrs at Bodija area, Ibadan.

“Upon interrogation, he explained that he managed to escape from police custody when an INSPR attached to the divisional police headquarters Mokola gave him permission to take his bath within the premises of the station. He also confessed that on 13th August 2020 at about 1430hrs he attacked one Mrs. Oladeji Funmilayo in her residence at Onikeke community, Akinyele area of Ibadan.

“He stated further that he inflicted machete injury on the woman on the head and left her in the pool of her own blood. The victim who was brutally attacked by the notorious killer was rushed to the University College Hospital, UCH Ibadan where she later gave up the ghost.

“Investigation is now in progress. Further development will be communicated later”

Share This