A bricklayer, Demola Wasiu has allegedly stabbed his friend, Soga Adewale, 27 to death for refusing to charge his phone for him.

Wasiu was said to have stabbed the victim with a broken bottle in the armpit for refusing his request for regarding his phone. The victim was said to have lost a lot of blood before he was rushed to the Lagos Island General Hospital where he gave up the ghost, on Friday.

Wasiu was subsequently arrested by policemen from the Lion Building division and the case is now with the State Department of Criminal Investigation (SCID), Yaba.

It was gathered that Adewale was an apprentice in a mechanic workshop on Ajele Street, Lagos Island area of Lagos State. He was said to have come to Lagos from Mowe, Ogun State, only three months ago.

His boss, Olayinka Oyinloye, said he had warned him against his friendship with Wasiu after he was arrested for a crime he knew nothing about.

According to the boss, “Just two months ago, the police arrested him while watching over Wasiu’s phone. The problem is that they usually smoke hemp in that place where they charge phones.
Throughout the time of his detention, this so called friend did not even check on him.

“After I got him on bail, I warned him against the friendship and advised him to be wise and not allow anybody put him into problems.

“On Thursday, Wasiu came again and asked him to help him charge his phone and watch over it. Soga refused, reminding him of what happened the last time he did that for him. That was how he became angry and started beating him.”

The two men were said to be fighting when some residents intervened and separated them.

It was learnt that the suspect, who had a bottle of beer in his hand, smashed it on the floor and attacked Soga in the armpit.

Oyinloye said, “He fell down and started bleeding. People came around and took him to a hospital, while they held Wasiu to prevent him from escaping.

“They took him to Lion Building Police Division around 11.30 p.m. I went to check Soga (Adewale) in the hospital. Around 1:00 a.m., he gave up.
I quickly went back to the station to report the development to the police. Some of the officers followed me to the hospital to confirm if he was actually dead and after they did, they returned to the station.”

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Damasus Ozoani, confirmed the incident, adding that investigation was ongoing.


Chris Kehinde Nwandu is the Editor In Chief of CKNNEWS || He is a Law graduate and an Alumnus of Lagos State University, Lead City University Ibadan and Nigerian Institute Of Journalism || With over 2 decades practice in Journalism, PR and Advertising, he is a member of several Professional bodies within and outside Nigeria || Member: Institute Of Chartered Arbitrators ( UK ) || Member : Institute of Chartered Mediators And Conciliation || Member : Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations || Member : Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria || Fellow : Institute of Personality Development And Customer Relationship Management || Member and Chairman Board Of Trustees: Guild Of Professional Bloggers of Nigeria

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال