Autopsy result of late 24-year old Funke Balogun, a National Diploma II student of Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH), who was, allegedly, electrocuted in a hotel bathroom newly opened by her boyfriend’s mother, has revealed that the deceased died of electrocution it was gathered.

The deceased was reported to have passed the night with her boyfriend, Abolade Adetunji in the hotel (owned by Abolade’s mother) which was opened for operation three days earlier and had gone to take her bath on the fateful day, which incidentally was her birthday, when she was electrocuted.

The deceased’s boyfriend, who claimed to have gone out of their hotel room to get tooth paste from his elder brother who was in another room reportedly returned only to discover the late Funke on the floor of the bathroom.

Earlier reports had indicated that Abolade who was oblivious of what had happened to his girlfriend, passed out after he was said to have received electric shock while attempting to rescue the lady. Both of them were later rushed to a hospital where the lady was said to have given up the ghost while Abolade was revived.

Meanwhile the family of the deceased has rejected the outcome of the autopsy which according to them “negates the obvious at the scene of the incident.”
According to the younger sister of the deceased, Funmi Balogun, “there were blood stains all over the wall at the scene of the incident, although the Adetunjis claimed she was electrocuted.”

It was learnt that before the autopsy result was released, the Adetunjis had approached the Baloguns to commiserate with them over the death of their daughter and offered monetary compensation which the Baloguns reportedly rejected.

“There is nothing else we can do, since they said Abolade is now free. They have now put the blame on the electrician that did the wiring of the hotel,” Funmi said.

Although Abolade was still in police custody as at 2.00 pm on Friday during a visit to the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Yaba, a police source informed one of our correspondents that he might regain his freedom anytime soon.

“As for the electrician who is also in custody in connection with the incident, we are still awaiting the advice from the office of the Directorate of Public Prosecution,” the source said.

Twitter: @CKNNigeria
Facebook: CKNNigeria
CKN NEWS Hotline: 08080054001
Whatsapp: 08099677755
BBM : 2BE329DF


Chris Kehinde Nwandu is the Editor In Chief of CKNNEWS || He is a Law graduate and an Alumnus of Lagos State University, Lead City University Ibadan and Nigerian Institute Of Journalism || With over 2 decades practice in Journalism, PR and Advertising, he is a member of several Professional bodies within and outside Nigeria || Member: Institute Of Chartered Arbitrators ( UK ) || Member : Institute of Chartered Mediators And Conciliation || Member : Nigerian Institute Of Public Relations || Member : Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria || Fellow : Institute of Personality Development And Customer Relationship Management || Member and Chairman Board Of Trustees: Guild Of Professional Bloggers of Nigeria

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال