Few days ago CKN News published a report through its social medium platform about a fake website of Air Peace Airline which some people have been using to dupe some unsuspecting passengers.
The allegation elicited this reaction from the management of the airline.
2. The first thing you see on opening this website is our fraud alert. You can't access the website without closing the fraud alert. So, there is no question of anybody not seeing it.
3. Air Peace has not only reported cases of alleged fraud to the police and other security agencies, but has also encouraged those who claimed to have been duped to do so.
4. Immediately the cases of fraud were brought to Air Peace's attention, we took out advert spaces in four major national newspapers -The Guardian, The Punch, Vanguard and The Sun - to alert members of the public to the activities and modus operandi of the fraudsters.
5. Air Peace also ensured proper report of the development by all major print, electronic and social media platforms. A simple Google search will confirm that.
6. Air Peace has not only provided members of the public its authentic website and other social media accounts, but also seriously warned members of the public against making payments to people claiming to be its agents.
7. Air Peace has reported all identified fake sites to the hosts, who most of the time swiftly acts by dropping them.
8. CKN News has NEVER approached Air Peace for comments on the issue. It is shocking how a news medium that wishes to be taken seriously will concoct outright falsehood and attempt to put it in the public domain as the truth. What a weird style of journalism.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, Air Peace will never ask anyone to make payments to private accounts for any reason. Members of the public should be much more diligent in their transactions to avoid being duped by unscrupulous persons.
10. Passing www.flyairpeace.com as fake obviously is the handiwork of competitors who are scared of Air Peace's progress and success. Rather than engaging in healthy competition, these failing airlines have resorted to all forms of ill-stategies to either dissuade members of the public from visiting our authentic website or patronising our flight services, which are unarguably the best in the country at the moment.
11. If in doubt, members of the public are advised to check with us at Air Peace, 25 Sobo Arobiodu Street, GRA, Ikeja, Lagos, or contact any of our desks at airports across the country, or send a mail to email@example.com or simply put a call across to 08028456989 for information.
Corporate Communications Manager, Air Peace.