|A victim of electrocution|
Tragedy struck in Akure, the Ondo State capital yesterday during the monthly environmenat sanitation as a man. Adeyemi Ogunleye, but simply called “Innocent” in an attempt to repair faulty cable that supply power to his residence.
The incident, which led to the instant death of the man, who was said to be an electronic technician, occurred at the Cathedral area and directly opposite the State Secretariat of the All Progressives Congress (APC),
According to the people in the house, the deceased, who was said to have participated in the cleaning of his surroundings but felt the need to effect repair of the cable that supply power to the compound.
It was gathered that deceased climbed a ladder to and stayed on top of a shop in front of the house to carry out the repair of the cable.
In a circumstance that nobody could explain, the man got electrocuted and laid flat on the roof.
An eyewitnes said that was not the first time that the man would carry out the repair of faulty power supply into the house.
The man was said to have died before the arrival of fire service men who were called to come and rescue the man.
The people arround when surprised when men of the fire service refused to bring down the corpse of the man from the top of the shop.
The corpse of the man was later brought down by the people around after cutting off the cable from the pole in the presence of his child simply identified as Tope.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer for the Ondo State Command, Mr Femi Joseph said he was that the man wanted to carry out illegal connection.